If you want to live your website on web, you need few tools which is defined as below.
1. Server: Basically, Server is a computer which has assigned a static IP to access while sitting anywhere in the world. Various companies which provide server hosting like Bluehost, digital ocean and many more. These companies provide you space according to your requirement and charge you for that.
2. Domain Name: It is word which defines or identifies your website from entire world. Well, domain name is also used because its difficult to memorize IP addresses. Companies like dynadot from where you can buy your own domain like navdeepbagga.com, facebook.com.
Now when you have domain name and server, you can make your website up witin few minutes.
I assume you got services from Digital Ocean and Dynadot and I explain further according to that. I hope you enjoy this lesson and excited for your web presence. Let’s start.
1. If you have register with Digital Ocean(hosting service provider), just login with your given credentials, now you able to see the droplet(your space dashboard). From the very first screen, IP address has been written. Just copy that IP address.
2. Login to your dynadot account. From the main menu DOMAINS go to MANAGE. Click on given name server it is like(Dynadot DNS: 012.345.678.900). After clicking, you reach to domain record page where you need to set your record type and IP address.
3. Now remember, the IP address which you have copied in first step that is need to be copied under IP address or target host.
Just choose record type A and put IP address on the same side. Click on Save DNS.
4. Now you just mapped your DNS with IP address. It takes few hours to mapping but when it is done, you can access your server with its domain name.
5. I assume that you have basic knowledge about server login, some hosting companies provide cpanel to access your server data like bluehost. But if not you must have knowledge about ssh client.
6. Login your server with your given credentials. Place your files there and you are ready to access that files from your web browser.
So, It is just a basic lesson. For advance learning like handle NGINX Server, create subdomains, keep reading upcoming blogs.